Monday 18 November 2013

Representations in my music magazine

I am constructing a magazine that will represent and be based around the genre of Pop, I want my magazine to look and feature people who are meant to be in a Pop magazine, so because of this I want my magazine to represent both males and females, but focusing more at girls. This is because a lot of big well known artist are females, and more men and woman like them, These people are expected to be friendly,bubbly,edgy, positive and also approachable, they will be dressed in different/original clothes that go with the current fashion trend, Shopping at places like TopShop, American Apparel, Riverisland,Selfridges and other mainstream shops. The types of artists who look/dress and are well know in the pop industry are:




I also want them to be aged around 15-24, and shown in a positive way, making the audience want to be like them. I will represent all races, as i want my magazine to be mainstream and not for one group of people, However i don't want to look at religions, this is due to the fact that no pop artists sing about there religion, or have one so i don't think its necessary, Also because all pop stars have different backgrounds and life styles and i want that to come across in my magazine, giving the message that everyone is different and pushes boundaries and everyone still likes them, so people should be afraid to be different. I do not want to represent people who are rebel,devil worshipers (E.g Rockers/Heavy metal artists and bands) This is because i want my magazine to show bands and artists in a positive and nice youthful way, and representing people like Metallica and Bring me the horizon.

Ive chosen to do a Pop magazine, as its the genre I and a lot of other young adults listen too, making it a mainstream magazine. My magazine will focus on artists who are known worldwide, and up-coming artists. My audience will be people who spend there time going out to nightclubs/bars, enjoy spending time with friends, talking about new music/artist and enjoy going to big concerts such as the EMA's, Teen Choice, MTV and also big concerts held in places such as the O2 Arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment