Friday 24 January 2014

Final Front Cover


My front cover follows all the conventions of a professional music magazine, I have used large close up of Elise for the cover, as the image links to the representation and brand identity I wanted to create, the colour scheme, cover lines and features also link. My magazine is called 'UNCUT' as it fits with the short and snappy convention, and I made sure that its the biggest font on the page, so its the first thing the reader see's and will be recognisable in the future. I've decided to go with the colour scheme of black, white and grey as these are easy to read against an image, and also purple and pastel blue because they are cool and relaxing colours but stand out on the page, and finally gold to add a classy vibe to the magazine, and from adding colour its makes the magazine look more interesting. Ive used a wide range of fonts and sizes on my front cover to create emphasis and made them short and snappy so it will make the reader want to buy my magazine and read the content. I've used a banner across the bottom on my page to show that another main story in my magazine is about Georgia Waldron, and how my magazine is advertising her new album. I added a pug to tell the audience that it is UNCUT's 100th issue, i did this as it will draw the audience in if they know its a special issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment